What do we do in the Habtur?
Habtur Balears is the reference association for holiday rentals in the Balearic Islands.
Today, approximately 150,000 tourist places are dedicated exclusively to holiday rentals, which means that 1 out of every 3 tourists choose this type of accommodation.
Numerous studies indicate that our sector is booming and that it has a multiplying effect on the economy of the islands because it distributes the benefits in a more transversal way among the complementary offer such as small stores, restaurants, leisure, crafts, and a long etcetera.
The main objective of Habtur Balears is to highlight the benefits of our activity as a fundamental pillar of the economy of our land.
In addition, one of the association’s main objectives is to minimize the environmental impact of our activity, to promote the application of policies that reduce pollution to a minimum and to manage the waste generated by our activity in a clean way.
Quality, quality and quality are our main premises. We are aware that only by offering a quality product we promote quality tourism and help preserve our main asset to the world, which is our enviable landscape.
We do not forget either that renting a house to a tourist is a deeply rooted activity in our land and that, our type of accommodation offers a much more authentic experience and allows the tourist to get to know the environment and all that our towns and neighborhoods have to offer much better. The tourist who chooses our offer prefers to feel like a neighbor.
Being a member of Habtur Balears will also allow you to benefit from:
- Legal, administrative, fiscal and basic technical advice.
- Defending the interests of the sector before public and private institutions and organizations, as well as other relevant actors.
- Economic advantages with numerous collaborating companies.
- Periodic information about the novelties of the association and the sector, as well as the legal regulations applicable to vacation rentals.
- Interlocution as an association with the media.
- Participation within the European structure of vacation rentals through FEVITUR (Spanish Federation of Associations of Tourist Homes and Apartments) and EHHA (European Holiday Home Association).
- Creation of training, information and reflection events.
- Denouncing intrusion and bad practices.
- Participation in fairs and events in representation of the holiday home rental sector in the Balearic Islands.
- A web site of each member, linked to HABTUR, with a booking engine.
- Training courses to improve our activity.
Av. Alemanya, 2 – 2n
+34 656 60 48 52
Habtur Balears is the leading association in the tourist rental housing sector in the Balearic Islands.